25 Interesting Things To Do in Oklahoma City
Are you planning a visit to Oklahoma City and looking for something new to do? Here are 25 must-dos in the beautiful city of OKC:
- Visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum, honoring the victims of the 1995 bombing.
- Explore historic Bricktown and walk along the canal while enjoying live music and entertainment or take a boat ride through downtown out to the water venues on the river.
- Visit OKC's art districts for exciting performances, galleries, museums, and more.
- Stroll through some of Oklahoma City’s public parks including Martin Nature Park or Myriad Botanical Gardens!
- Discover the world at Science Museum Oklahoma as you explore life, earth, space and aviation science topics!
- Catch a game with the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team at Paycom Arena or check out other professional sports teams like minor league baseball at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark!
- Check out some of OKC’s top entertainment venues including Variety Playhouse or Tower Theatre!
- Shop 'til you drop in historic Stockyard's District with its shops full of western wear, cowboy boots and more! And while there eat a great steak at Cattlemen's.
- Learn about Western Heritage with a visit to National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum featuring American Indian Artifacts & exhibits bigger than life!
- Experience adventure with an outdoor excursion with Rock Town River Outfitters offering kayak rental for water activities on the Canadian River!
- 11.Have a blast at Frontier City amusement park where there is something for everyone from roller coasters to bumper cars!
- 12 Enjoy unrivaled views from atop Devon Tower or venture over to it’s observation deck located on the 50th floor!
- 13 Peruse through amazing exhibits and learn more about Native American art at The Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History!
- 14 Spend an afternoon exploring one of several specialized gardens that Oklahoma City has to offer such as Paseo Arts District Garden, Will Rogers Gardens and Myriad Botanical Gardens - all filled with vibrant colors and wildlife deliciousness!
- 15 Take part in an array of special events throughout year held by many organizations in OKC such as Downtown Farmers Market, open every Saturday from May through October from 9am until 2pm or take tour with Sooner Legends Tours that guide visitors around University of Oklahoma’s campus which is just 15 minutes away from downtown OKC area !
- Play laser tag or have birthday party planning at your fingertips when visiting Extreme Laser tag Arena
- Make sure you add some time into your hectic schedule for shopping sprees since there are tons variety boutiques stores located around town
- See why locals love going Lake Hefner enjoy its watersports
- Learn something new by attending classes offered Metropolitan Library System
- Go back into history while touring Governor Mansion State Historic Site
- Attend original plays created by Carpenter Square Theatre
- Challenge your friends mini golfing White Water Bay
- Get wet & wild during boating trip Lake Thunderbird state park
- Take part historic journey Red River Crossing Stagecoach Tours
- Have fun splashing around unlimited rides trams Rideshare Park
Leave a comment